Rohit Sharma is surely one of the most popular and opening batsman of India. He grabbed limelight after scoring third double century against Sri Lanka in Mohali.
About his family and childhood
Rohit Sharma was born to Gurunath Sharma and Purnima Sharma (she originally hail from Visakhapatnam) on 30 April 1987 in Bansod, Nagupur, Maharashtra, India. His father was caretaker of transportation company storehouse. Mr. Sharma is raised by his grandparents and uncle in Borivali because his father could not afford to manage his expenses due to low income. He born and brought up with his younger sibling whose name is Vishal Singh.
- His highest individual in an one day international match is 264 runs.
- Rohit Sharma is the first batsman to score double centuries in one day international match.
- The young cricketer made a record of scoring highest number of sixes in one day international match and joined the club of AB Di villiers and Chris Gayle.
- He is second Indian cricketer who scored double century in all three cricket format (Test match, one day international match and Twenty-20 match) after Suresh Raina.
- He is the only Indian batsman who scored 171 runs against Australia in Australia.
- He became third Indian Player to score 1000 runs against Australia after Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- He scored double century against sri lanka at Mohali.
- Presents the young and talented cricketer is Vice Captain of Indian cricket team in limited over formats (one day international cricket and twenty-20 cricket).
- In 2015 he received Arjuna Award for his brilliant performance in cricket.
His educational background
Virat was a bright student, He completed his schooling from Our Lady of Vailankanni High School Borivali, Mumbai and after that he completed his bachelors degree.
His Marriage Life
Rohit Sharma got married to Ritika Sajdeh on 13 December 2015. Ritika Sajdeh was a manager and a good friend of vice captain of the Indian cricket team.
His Net Worth
Virat Kohli is world’s highest paid crickter and his net worth is $18.6 million dollars (1194306000 Indian Rupees).
- Name: Rohit Sharma
- Nickname: Hitman, Ro, Brothaman
- Date of Birth: 30 April, 1987
- Age: 30 Years
- Place of Birth: Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
- Schools: Our Lady of Vailankanni High School Borivali, Mumbai
- Swami Vivekanand International School,Borivali
- Father: Gurunath Sharma
- Mother: Purnima Sharma
- Brother: Vishal Sharma
- Sister: Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Affair: RitikaSajdeh(Spouse)
- Religion: Hinduism
- Height: 174cms
- Weight:69 kg
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Profession: Cricketer
- Role: Right-handed batsman
- Languages Known: Marathi, Tamil, Hindi and English